Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day!

I found this cute poem and thought I would share it.

What is a Mother's love?
It is something that is very, very special.
It is something that no one can really explain.
It's something that is made up of much deep devotion, joy, pain and sacrifice.
It is endless and unselfish and it endures whatever may come.
It is full of hopes, dreams, tears and pleasure.
Nothing can ever destroy it or take that special love away.
It is very patient and forgiving.
A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment to selflessness.
More often than not, it requires much more giving than receiving.
But it is something that is given with delight, gratitude, enthusiasm and much satisfaction.
A Mother's love never fails or falters even though the heart is breaking.
It is always believing when all the rest of the world is condemning.
A Mother's love is a splendored miracle that man cannot understand.
It is something that cannot be measured, for it has no beginning or no end.


I have been thinking a lot about what I have learned since becoming a mom and how I have changed, and I think it has been a lot. I thought I would share a few.
1.I have learned that a kiss from mom really does make "owies" all better.
2. I have learned that I am not quite as patient as I thought I was, and it is actually something I need to work at.
3. I have learned what it looks like at the wee hours of the morning and how to stay awake really late.
4. I have remembered how fun it is to just play.
5. I have learned what and how deep true love is.
6. I have learned what it really is to sacrifice; sleep, the last cookie, your favorite show, time, and so much more.
7. I have learned that sacrificing so much somehow makes you feel good.
8. I have learned there is such thing as love at first sight.
9. I have learned how exciting the world can be.
10. I have learned how much I love being a mom.

3 comments:

Dart said...

I hope you had a great Mother's Day. And sorry for the last minute notice on picking up Alexis. I appreciate you doing it sooo much. I hope she was good for you!

Ang said...

Jessi, Thank for sharing this. I don't know if it's the obvious lack of sleep I've gotten lately, but I cried on every word. You are a very special mom! Angeline

Amberly said...

You are seriously the cutest mom ever! I loved all of your comments and insight. Jas had lots of fun with Durke the other day, thanks for letting him go. See you in a few weeks!