Friday, May 30, 2008

Ouch!

I have had what we'll call a "rough week". On Wednesday night I had a typical Jessi moment! We were at Durke's bike race in Draper, and we were sitting on the bleachers; which were made of cement. My parents were there and Niki's boyfriend Kelly. Abi being her typical handful self, was pulling off her pants and her diaper so I went to grab her and somehow fell. (I was wearing some high sandals which may have had something to it. Durke has since outlawed me from wearing anything over an inch!) I started tumbling down, down, down. Luckily Kelly grabbed my leg and stopped me as I was headed into the 3rd roll. I think he may have saved my life! Anyway, I was pretty beat up, I had blood all over, on my knee, my toes, my arm, my leg, but the worst thing were my fingers. I went to the doc yesterday, and apparently I have 2 joint fractures. My fingers are huge and black and blue. I didn't get a chance to take my wedding ring off before my fingers swelled up like a balloon, so it is stuck. I have been really nervous, because Durke says they may have to cut it off, if my finger doesn't go down (my ring, not my finger:). That will be a sad day! Here are some pictures!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch Jessi! And I thought I was the fall master! I guess I should hand the mantle onto you! That sounds so very graceful...

I hope you heal up quickly and do not have to cut your ring off! Let me know if you need anything.

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh you poor girl! That sounds pretty scary, good thing you were saved. I hope your hand starts feeling better.

Elegante Family said...

Jessi, I hope you are feeling better. If it makes you feel a little bit better, I left my dish washer open and fell over it this week. The bad thing was I was holding Ace, so we both went down. I am sorry that happened to you. Get feeling better, and be careful! Love Ya Brandy

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! I am so sorry! I'm glad you are some what okay! That s scary! I'm so sad if they have to cut your ring! Good Luck and I hope you get feeling better!

P.S. you are the STAR of my ward! EVERYONE loved the ark! Your the best! Thanks again!

Keisel Family said...

Man, that sounds terrible! I am sure that it is hard being a mom to two with beat up hands. I don't know how you are doing it. I hope they heal soon!

Melissa Zuber said...

What an adrenaline rush! I am so glad someone caught your foot. Your fingers. . .oh my gosh! I hope you get to feeling better. Tell the girlies to kiss your Boo-Boo better.

Anonymous said...

JESSI!!!!!

oh my word are you okay?? geeze that looks so painful!!! I hope you are doing better and that you are healing up! When I read your post I thought of myself and how that is totally something I would have done too :) get better!

<3 Julia

Ang said...

Oh sweetie...I'm so sorry. The things we do to keep our kids from embarrassing us in public. I'm sorry you ended up on the wrong end of this one. Emma used to pull her pants down in the store and head off looking for the bathroom asking everyone, but me, where it was. Lovely!! Get well soon and take it easy for awhile! Luv ya! Ang