Thursday, July 29, 2010




Revel Bars

My sis-in-law made these yummy chocolate oatmeal bars for our reunion and I remembered my mom used to make them all the time. I found the recipe in one of her old cookbooks she gave me and have been making (and eating) them a lot! They are delicious!



2 sq. butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. oats
1 tsp. soda
2 1/4 c. flour
1 can sweet & condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet choc. chips
2 T. butter

Cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. In seperate bowl mix flour, soda and oats. Add flour mixture to cream mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Press half in bottom of a large cookie sheet. Melt together s & c milk, choc. chips, and butter on stove. Pour over cookie mix in pan. Crumble remaining cookie mix on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 min. Enjoy!!!

No comments: