Thursday, July 22, 2010




I have been trying out a lot of new recipes with my family lately. They haven't been real impressed, but I have loved them. They are simple eaters I guess! I thought I would share some of my favorite ones and start doing a recipe a week. Let me know what you think.

This weeks recipe is for Granola. I absolutely love to have granola with milk in the morning, and this one is yummy!


8 cups Old-Fashioned oats
1 small bag craisins
1 cup coconut (more or less depending on how much you want)
1 cup slivered almonds or pecans (again more or less, however you like it)
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. maple extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Dried fruit, chopped (optional)

In a large bowl, combine the oats, craisins, coconut, and nuts; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minuts or until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the extracts. Pour over the oat mixture; stir to coat.

Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Serve with milk or yogurt.

No comments: