Monday, March 29, 2010

Fun on the Farm...

Growing up I never thought of myself as living on a farm, yea, we had horses but I wouldn't have called it a farm. Now, on the other hand, my parents live on a farm, or at least a small petting zoo. Durke had some work up in Salt Lake last week so we stopped by my parents house and Abi would not leave until she got to ride a horse. That's my girl! So we saddled up Wrangler and the girls rode for over an hour, I think I had the most fun though. I was totally in my realm. I didn't realize how much I missed the smell of the barn, or just being around horses. It really is something I love.






My parents also have two little pigs that are hilarious. We had a good laugh trying to catch them. Notice that it is me that was wrestling the darn things, not Durke. He was dressed in his "insurance man clothes" though so I guess I'll let it slide! Abi didn't want anything to do with the pigs, but Gracie climbed right in with me. Not suprising.




They also have a cute little goat. They haven't even named the poor thing. You can tell us girls aren't home anymore. We would have given her a name. I think I might steal it; Durke says no way, do you think I could smuggle it home somehow? I just want it to eat weeds.



Louk was loving it too.





It was a fun day, one we'll have to repeat soon!

2 comments:

Matt Coleman said...

Jessi, your family is darling! So dang cute! So my youngest brother Tyrel is going to be playing football at Snow again now that he's home from his mission. He's been over there a couple of times already and makes me jealous by telling me he ate at Fat Jack's and all things Ephraim. That probably sounds silly to you, but we LOVE Ephraim. It will always be tucked in a soft place in our hearts!! I'm so glad all is well. You look just as beautiful as ever. Take care!! Angeline

Daniel said...

Tsk, Durke and his ties. He used to do concrete in big holes for Pete's sake!