Friday, January 9, 2009

Louk...




Yesterday was 4 years since my brother-in-law Louk was killed in an avalanche in Ephraim Canyon. It's always a hard day and we still shed some tears. It's been a very hard lesson for all of our family, and we still miss him everyday.

I wanted to do a little tribute post to him. Louk was one of the most amazing guys I know. He touched so many lives. Him & Durke were the closest of brothers and best friends, and losing him has definitely made an impact on Durke and our whole family. He was always making us laugh and we still often laugh about the funny things he did or said. He was such a big guy, but a teddy bear really. He loved the little kids in our family, and boy did they love him. One of my favorite memories of Louk was right after Joslynn (his little girl)was born I would watch her, and everyday he would come down at lunch (we lived in the apartment just under theirs, and he would ask if I had any treats, and then hug and kiss on the girls. (Gracie & Joslynn).I wish my kids could know their Uncle Louk, because I know they would have loved him too. We miss him so much.I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and to know that we will be with him again.

10 comments:

going gordon said...

This is a great post. Thanks.

pOlloCk FaMiLy said...

Hi. Its Bill and Takesha Pollock. I was brought to tears the minute I saw his name and the pictures. You never stop missing the loved ones you lost. My dad has been gone now going on fourteen years. I was only fifteen when he died. Hard to believe that time goes by that fast. But I hear you...We will be with them again some day! Love you guys!

Amberly said...

That is so sweet. I never knew him but I know lots of people miss him a lot. He seems like such a great guy! The reunion will be great someday.

Haylee said...

Wow. That made me tear up actually. He was such a great guy, and I'm glad that you posted about him. Thank you!

Rob & Autum said...

What a sweet post! I didn't know Louk that long but I remember what a good guy he was. He was our home teacher when we lived in the apartments and Rob actually worked for him for a little while. Rob always talked so highly of him. How is Brooke?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Jessi. I thought about Louk all day yesterday. I remember getting the phone call when he died and just dropping to the ground on my knees in tears. we would go to Ben and Diane's often when I was younger and play with the kids... me and wes were usually with louk and durke. Louk taught me to "spit at the stars" on their front lawn at night. ask durke if he remembers spitting at the stars. I know I do. When I went to snow college It was so nice to hang out with him again just like when we were younger. he would come visit me in ben's apartments and we would hang out. I will always treasure my memories with him. You are right, what would we do without our gospel and the plan of salvation?

<3 Julia

Todd and Heidi said...

I can't believe it has been four years...Louk was such a great guy and came from such a great family. We are so lucky that we have the knowledge of eternal lives...we will be with him again!

tash said...

Wow Jessi it seems like so long ago, yet feels so recent. I still remember that day so vividly. It was a horrible day. James still won't talk about it with me. I was thinking about Louk the other day, all the funny things he'd do. He was such a fun loving guy, and we had so much fun living by you guys. His passing altered and affected many lives. We loved him and miss him.

Ang said...

Jessi, That was wonderful. It made me think of how excited Brooke was when they got engaged, and how she came to drill team camp like the week before they got married. My heart always goes out to you all during this time in January. All our best. Angeline
p.s. the PLTs have a blog now did you know that? I have a link on my blog. Good idea!

Ashley said...

We think of him always.... sold the ol' tuna boat to Josh Tyhurst. Whenever we are out on the water I can still see him wakeboarding and here his infectious laugh. Miss him lots.