Friday, June 27, 2008

Lost turtles and too much water!

We've had what I'll call a "different week". For the most part it has been pretty normal, except for a few minor glitches. On Wednesday, Gracie and Abi were given a little box turtle. They were soooo excited. This is the first time Dad has given in and said they could have a pet. We made it a cute little home outside with sand, water, and a large supply of lettuce. What more could a turtle ask for really? We made sure he was secure and couldn't escape before we went to bed, but apparently he could. Yesterday morning he was gone! We searched all day for him in every bush, in the river, at the neighbors, but according to Gracie he is "no-where to be found". We are quite sad, so if you live near us and happen to find a lost turtle, please let us know:)

The second crazy thing that happend is our basement flooded. A sprinkler valve that is right outside a window well, broke and started filling the basement with water. Luckily we found it pretty quickly, but it still had put a lot of water in one of the bedrooms downstairs. We spent all of Wednesday night cleaning that up.

Anyhow, I hope you have all had a great week and enjoy the weekend.

9 comments:

Melissa Zuber said...

What I forgot to tell you isn't funny, sorry. But I finally read twilight. It was amazing. I ended it last night. Bring on New Moon. I asked Alec if you were a vampire and a was a human would you suck my blood so I could be a vampire too? He said no. Just like Edward, sweet Edward. So bring on the sequel.

paigernate said...

jessie! sounds like you are having fun being a busy mom and wife! i was SOO excited when lindsie told me you had a blog... it is so fun to spy and see what people are doing now days!!! you little girls are BEAUIFUL... and not so little anymore! i hope you don't mind if i add you to my blog! how are you guys?

Anonymous said...

You lost the turtles! That is so sad. Good luck in finding them. But am sure they are enjoying life in your yard! I'm sorry about your basement. That is not good! I hope you got it all cleaned up. I hope you have a good weekend!

Alaina said...

Hey girl! I hope you don't mind- I stole your blog address from paige! WOW your girls are adorable and getting so big. I love this bloggin thing! I hope you guys are doing great!

Amberly said...

I'm sorry about your turtle... I'd love to get a dog for the kids or something a little less work like a turtle but it all overwhelms me. My poor kids, maybe someday we'll get a fish! I love your cards! You are so creative! Don't ever say you aren't!

Anonymous said...

HI Jessi!

Don't worry about the 100 tag! I actually enjoyed it, as moms we don't really get to sit and think about ourselves like that so it was good for me! It was fun to read your 100 tag too! I love to learn about people and that is such a great way to do it! I feel bad about your basement!! that is horrible! and how sad about your turtle! did you find it yet? well I hope the summer is being good to ya, I will talk to you later! have a good 4th of july! xoxo

<3 Julia

Trent and Lindsie said...

Hey Jessie, We have to get together this summer. Your girls are adorable. I am so glad we can keep in touch easier now....

Addie May said...

So you never found the turtle eh? That makes me sad, I'm sorry! I loved the bag you made with the oranges...very cute! Good luck this week playing Nurse. :)

Elegante Family said...

Hey Jessi I hope everything is going well with you, and I hope your Dad is feeling better. When you get some extra time I tagged you on my blog. Love Ya!