Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference...


I love General Conference. It is so nice to be able to have our leaders speak to us. I don't know about you but it seems like every time I feel that one or two talks are just for me; this conference was no different. I loved Elder Ballard's talk to the young mothers. It gave me a little boost of energy to keep going. Motherhood can be very difficult and sometimes it does feel like we're doing it all alone. It is so comforting to know that Heavenly Father knows how we feel and is there to help. I also liked the little bit to the husbands, boy am I going to use that against Durke! I also really liked Elder Russel M. Nelson's talk and when he said "Do not try to control your children. Instead, listen to them, help them to learn the gospel, inspire them, and lead them toward eternal life." What great advice for all of us parents. President Monson is so amazing. He is so sweet and such a great example. I hope you all enjoyed conference too.

1 comment:

Kadee, Dustan, and the Kids said...

I love Conference! Its some of my favorite weekends out of the year! And I think you are just the cutest little wife and mom!