Thursday, May 26, 2011

One of the best....


This week has been a rough one for me. A very good friend of mine lost her battle with cancer on Tuesday, and it has really hit me hard. She was such an amazing, beautiful person. I am not sure why Heavenly Father always seems to take those
ones, but it happens more often then we would like.

Amberly touched so many lives in her short time on Earth. She was so talented, sweet, kind, and just all around fun to be around. She had such a beautiful smile and was so real. I admired that so much in her. She was the type of person you could sit and talk for hours with. We had so much in common and I loved to talk to her about gardening, scrapbooking, our kids, and gripe to eachother about the woes of being self-employed.

She has four adorable little boys and an amazing husband. He is such an example of strength and faith. As Durke and I visited with him yesterday, he was so strong and seemed at peace. He has a rough road ahead of him and I know he will embrace it and make the most of what he has been dealt. Both Amberly and Jason have so much faith. Amberly never let go of hope that she would be ok. She knew there was a plan for her.

I have had so many thoughts this past week. I have resolved to be a better wife and mother. We never know how much time we have and we need to really do our best. We need to fully love and show that love to the ones we care about. I just want to hold my kids and never let go. Each day truly is a gift and we can't waste it.

I've also struggled with feeling so negative about the world. It seems like nothing good is happening. Natural disasters, divorce, death. I am so scared for the future of my children. What kind of a world are they going to live in? The future is looking pretty grim. But just like Amberly, I need to remember that Heavenly Father has a plan, and we need to be faithful and happy and in the end it will all be worth it.

I am so glad that I know that Amberly still lives, and that she is pain free and happy. I feel so blessed to have known her and to have been able to call her my friend.

I really like this song by Randy Houser, it seems to sum up what I have been trying to say.

In God's Time

In God's time
A million years might only be a single day
And everything He does gets done His own way
In God's time

Oh, but no one knows
Not you or me
It might be tomorrow or it might never be
Oh, but don't lose faith
Put it in His hands
'Cause it might be that He might have a bigger plan
Than you had in mind
Miracles happen
In God's time

And in God's time
You'll finally get the chance to hold your baby girl
And all the sudden everything'll make sense in this crazy world
In God's time

And In God's time
You go to sleep and wake up with wings and learn to fly
And you finally meet your loved ones on the other side
In God's time





Amberly, I love you and you will be missed by many.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so sorry Jess! It is so hard to see someone so young and beautiful pass away. I'm sure that Heavenly Father has a much better plan for her, but that doesn't make losing her any easier. There are always good things happening, but they are so hard to see through all the bad! I hope you are doing ok :)

DeAnna said...

Jess, I was so sad to hear of the passing of your dear friend. Times like these are so difficult to understand especially when there are little children still in need of their mothers love and care.She must be very special and the work she has been called home to do on the other side very important to our Saviors plan for us all. I am sure she felt the blessings of your friendship just as much as you felt it as well, you are a very true and loyle friend to those around you, that is you Jess and always has been. Times are grim in the world, life is hard , it helps our faith to become stronger and our testimonies to grow. Your sweet friend does live she is with you and her family , she will be the angle on that watches over you in times of need. I love you Jess I am sorry for your loss I love your family I am glad we have remained friends and that you are a part of my life. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I love you.

Ashley said...

This is tragic.
We will see you this weekend.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Jason and the kiddies.