Friday, April 22, 2011

Just thought I would share...

Durke and I really enjoy reading together. We read on our own too, well I do anyway, but we really like to read together. Right now we are the 3rd volume of the Kingdom and the Crown series by Gerald Lund.




I don't know if any of you have read this series but it is amazing. It is set in Jerusalem and surrounding villages during Christ's life. I have been reading the New Testament along with the books and I have learned so much. These books have taught me a lot and helped me to understand the scriptures and the culture of this time in history a little more. Plus, it sparks some really great conversations for Durke and me. So, if you looking for a way to spend quality time with your hubby read together!

3 comments:

going gordon said...

Cory and I read that series to each other too, but we've stopped reading together. It got too frustrating when I would look over after having read a whole chapter and he was asleep. I told him he was on his own. That one is a great one to be reading right now with it being Easter.

Amanda said...

I LOVE this series!! for a work of fiction I think it was so inspired. I feel like I understand so much better because of the detail put in there about how it was, what stuff meant, historical facts etc. I get so absorbed in them and really feel like I am there.

Jennifer said...

I really loved that series too! I was nice to learn so much in a story form. I like the idea of reading it with the husband!