Friday, November 12, 2010

A Very Eventful Fall...

We have had a very busy and fun fall so far. This is my favorite time of year and I try to enjoy every minute of it before the dreaded winter hits us! I haven't been very good to keep up on what's been going on so here it is in a nutshell!

Latest to Oldest.....

Annual Leaf Clean-up

I heard on the radio last week that the average tree has about 250,000 leaves, as I look at our yard I would estimate about 40 trees, very, very, large trees, so when it comes to leaves I would say we have like 7-8 million! Needless to say when it comes time to rake them all up and dispose of them it is a HUGE job. Last Saturday we stepped up to the task and actually had a good time! We even recruited my cute mom to help.




Halloween

We had a really fun Halloween this year. Gracie was an Egyptian Princess, Abi was a Mermaid, and Louk was a construction worker. Louk was hilarious trick-or-treating. He would get so excited every time we went up to a door, and he would start dancing, it was so funny. We did the traditional door-to-door thing, because Durke is boycotting trunk-or-treating.

Here's a few pics of the kiddos!




Pumpking Carving

It has become a tradition to carve pumpkins every year with the Gordon's(the pumpkins from the other tradition of going to the pumpkin patch... continue reading) This year we added dinner, chili and breadbowls, and watched "How to Train your Dragon".




What a creative bunch we have!

Beck Family Farms
Down in Gunnison, the Beck's have THE BEST pumpkin patch ever, and every year we go down with the Gordon's and everyone gets to pick their pumpkins right out of a humungous field. I also like to get some of their squash and different varieties of pumpkins for my porch. Gracie wanted a tall skinny one, Abi wanted a fat one, and we got Louk "the perfect pumpkin" with a really cool stem. I think total we came home with like 8 different kinds of pumpkins, and had a really great time!






Gracie also go to go to the pumpkin patch with her class on a fieldtrip. I went with her and it was really fun. I think she was most excited about getting to ride the school bus for the first time!






Gardner Village Witches
For UEA, we went up to my mom's for a few days and boy were we busy. We went to Gardner Village to see the witches this year. I hadn't ever been, and it really would have been fun if every other man, woman, and child hadn't decided to do the same thing. We did have fun and will probably do it again, just not over UEA.

The girls had their eyes painted and thought that was the greatest thing that could ever happen to them!





The witch displays are really cute. We had to get a picture with a few.





Hogle Zoo
We also went to the zoo one day and it was just as fun as I remembered it being as a kid. All of the kids were very entertained and the adults were too.






Hope you are enjoying your fall as much as we are!

No comments: